Wooden Doors - Wood Balanced Doors
Wood Balanced Doors
More about this product
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Public Entrances
- Solid internal subframe construction, which allows them to long outlast the 5-10 year lifespan of average high-traffic doors.
- Subframe joined to the outer structure by closely spaced spot-welds.
- Both external and internal door parts are made of .09” thick material, resulting in greater resistance of dings and dents than thinner doors.
- Door Top Pivot fully adjustable to ensure proper door clearancess
- The installation does NOT require a floor cut out.
Life Cycle: The average lifespan of a typical high-traffic commercial entry door is about 10 years. For an Ellison custom balanced door, the expected lifespan is 80 years and counting. Many of the earliest Ellison balanced doors (from the 1930's) remain in operation to this day. This means, in time, at least seven doors would have to be manufactured in order to serve the duration of just one Ellison custom balanced door.
Materials: Ellison custom balanced doors (excluding wood doors) are comprised almost entirely of metal and glass, two of the world's most readily recyclable and upcyclable materials. In fact, only two very small – but critical – components are polymer based, to ensure long term corrosion resistance. What's more, most Ellison doors are made from particularly valuable metals like bronze and stainless, which helps to ensure their eventual recycling.
Manufacturing: Ellison produces nearly the entire balanced door in-house. For example, all balanced hardware is cast in Ellison's foundry and tooled in Ellison's factory. Virtually no material is wasted, as unused material is remelted for reuse. Also, under a sustainable manufacturing program sponsored by the New York State, Ellison has also implemented manufacturing systems that maximize both water and energy conservation.